I refuse to post a picture of my messy laundry room, but i am amazed at how much time i spend in there. With only Scott, Ryan, and I living at home, i would have thought the laundry would be minimal.
And before you start lecturing me on Ryan's laundry....he pays me $50 per month to do his laundry. So, i am not causing him to be lazy, i am actually saving wear and tear on my washer/dryer by combining loads. And sometimes i find extra dollars in the dryer, which i consider are gratuities.
Anyway, back to my point....laundry. I don't mind the washing/drying part but i hate the putting away part. Seems like it takes all day. And then, a few days later, i do it all again. I think someone needs to invent disposable clothing.
I remember the days when Scott was in medical school...we lived in an apartment, had 3 kids, and did not have our own washer/dryer. The laundry room for the complex was several buildings away. In the winter i would load everything onto the kids' sled and drag it all. In the summer, the kids were home from school and they got to help carry it all. Back in those days i only did laundry once a week. When Scott graduated from med school and we moved into a rental house, i remember convincing Scott that it would be cheaper to buy our own set and put the monthly allotment of laundry quarters onto a payment to Sears instead, which we did. I thought i was in heaven when i finally got my own washer and dryer, and only had to step into the garage to do a load.
Amazingly, i am only on my second set of washer/dryers. Pretty good....since we would have bought that original set 25 years ago.
I was into cross stitching back then, and i found a little saying, and stitched it. I guess i still agree. (Bad picture, i know!!!)

So anyway, i've been doing laundry today. 4 loads down, and 2 more to go.
Happy laundry day.
And before you start lecturing me on Ryan's laundry....he pays me $50 per month to do his laundry. So, i am not causing him to be lazy, i am actually saving wear and tear on my washer/dryer by combining loads. And sometimes i find extra dollars in the dryer, which i consider are gratuities.
Anyway, back to my point....laundry. I don't mind the washing/drying part but i hate the putting away part. Seems like it takes all day. And then, a few days later, i do it all again. I think someone needs to invent disposable clothing.
I remember the days when Scott was in medical school...we lived in an apartment, had 3 kids, and did not have our own washer/dryer. The laundry room for the complex was several buildings away. In the winter i would load everything onto the kids' sled and drag it all. In the summer, the kids were home from school and they got to help carry it all. Back in those days i only did laundry once a week. When Scott graduated from med school and we moved into a rental house, i remember convincing Scott that it would be cheaper to buy our own set and put the monthly allotment of laundry quarters onto a payment to Sears instead, which we did. I thought i was in heaven when i finally got my own washer and dryer, and only had to step into the garage to do a load.
Amazingly, i am only on my second set of washer/dryers. Pretty good....since we would have bought that original set 25 years ago.
I was into cross stitching back then, and i found a little saying, and stitched it. I guess i still agree. (Bad picture, i know!!!)
So anyway, i've been doing laundry today. 4 loads down, and 2 more to go.
Happy laundry day.




1 comments:
I have the same problem with laundry. It seems like there is more then ever...with hardly anyone at home. Strange.
I really don't like putting the laundry away either. My kids must not like it either because they always leave it in their hamper for a week before I finally nag them enough to put it away. Which of course by then the clean stuff is mixed up with the dirty stuff so it all has to be washed again.
I also dislike ironing. In my laundry room there is a plaque that says, just say no to ironing!
Post a Comment