Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Latest project

Shopping at JoAnn Fabrics with Heather one evening, we spied a really cute blanket that was on display as a sample of a "rag quilt." We both loved it (not the fabric it was made of but the shabby chic style). I eyed it and touched it and turned it over and tried to figure out how they had done it. I asked the saleslady what was inside the squares...she said it was flannel.

Then, my cute and craft young cousin Corynn in Arizona showed some cute rag quilts on her blog that she had made. So i contacted her, asked for some pointers, and decided i would attempt it.

Here is the result. I am pleased. I showed it to Heather when it was not quite done, and she liked the fabric selection. We both love pink and brown together. Today i finished it, and tonight superman will drop it off at her house.




The amazing thing is that i got it done before Baby Ellie has made her appearance! This is unlike me to get something done ahead of time!!!! Ok Ellie...you can come now...your blankie is ready for you. And you are going to need it in this weather!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That turned out beautifully!

Heather said...

I love it! Thanks mom. And yes, Ellie - come out now!

Emily said...

Kelli this is flippin' cute! You are so talented. James and I want to double date some time and soak up your awesomeness!