Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Recent Visit to Florida

I am lucky. I know that. Perhaps blessed is the more correct word. I am blessed to have a husband who gets to go fun places for conferences and take me with him. Last week we were headed to Marco Island, Florida, for the hospital's parent company's annual leadership conference. Only invited people get to go, and Scott has been invited for the past three years. The conference began on a Wednesday afternoon, so we headed to Key West first for 2 1/2 days. Key West is a great place to visit. Lots of ocean, lots to see and do, and lots of crazy people. We drove from the airport that was nearest the conference (Fort Myers, the opposite side of Florida) all the way down to Key West. It is one of my favorite drives. On Wednesday moring, we drove back, i dropped Scott at the resort, and then went to the airport and picked up Heather and the girls, who spent the rest of the week with us at Marco. They played at the beach and the pool while Scott and I attended the meetings. On the morning we had to check out and head home, Kaden said, "I never want to leave this place!" Which is exactly how we all felt.

When I picked up Heather and the girls, we took a short side trip to Sanibel Island and had tons of fun gathering shells. Sanibel is world famous for their shelling. Marco ain't too shabby, and we picked up lots there, too.

One of the conference speakers was Newt Gingrich, and Scott was literally first in line to shake hands with him.

2 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

That sounds so fun! I keep wishing James and I travelled more. Your pictures look amazing. I'm definately jealous. Looks like we are probably staying here- I'll let you know details when I know. So anytime you want to move down to KC!! hehehe

emily and adrian said...

I love your blog. You have a fantastic life!