Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

ROAD TRIP

Scott and I took a trip home to Scottsdale this week. Scott went to the annual AZ Ost Med Conference, which is an easy way for him to get some CME credits and visit the family at the same time. This year I went along. I don't always go, but this time i did. Anyway, we flew into Phx, and it was 93 GLORIOUS degrees. No humidity at all. Ninety-three is just fabulous when there is no humidity. We sat in Scott's parents' back yard and visited with them....i felt like i had finally thawed out from the horrible winter.

That was Tuesday. On Wednesday, i went to my parents' house while Scott went to his classes. It just happened to be the 12 th anniverary of my brother's death, so mom and i went to the cemetery and put some of mom's beautiful roses on his grave. Can't believe he has been gone that long. Time has really flown by. I had told my mother that one of my desires while in the valley was to have some fish tacos, so we went out for lunch and got some. Yum. I don't understand why fish tacos have not caught on in the midwest. I dont even like fish that much, but fish tacos are divine! Went to the temple in the afternoon; Scott's brother and uncle met us for the session. It was cool because a guy we knew from our home stake was the officiator, and he asked us to help with the session. It was great. Then we had a delicious dinner at In-N-Out Burger. For those of you unfamiliar with In-N-Out, you are missing something!

Thursday was when the whole trip took a giant change..........Scott is so so so so busy with his practice, his VP admin position, his new clinic director position, his church calling, and taking care of the farm that he very rarely has any shopping time available. We have been considering buying a new truck. So, we checked the online inventory in KC, Omaha, and the Phx area, and decided to spend the morning looking at a truck that caught our eye. To make a long story short, we ended up buying a truck but not leaving the 2nd dealership til after 9pm that night. And, how do you get a truck back to MO? ROAD TRIP!!!

It has been a long time since we drove from AZ to MO....in fact i know we haven't driven it since we moved here in '94. So we were actually kinda excited to see those sights again. But to get home in time, we had to cut our trip a day short and get on the road. I can report that it was 23 hours from my parent's door to ours, with several food/potty stops. I can also report that with the current price of deisel, it was like $350 to drive home....our flights were cheaper than that! Oh well. We had fun. It was like old times, when we were poor students. I took the overnight drive assignment and since the new truck has Sirius satellite radio, i sang my way home while Scott tried to snooze. Got home safely, but very tired!

So this was last week's adventure. Stay tuned....next week we go to Key West/Sanibel Island/Marco Island.

2 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

Wow! How did you even find my blog? I'm glad you wrote so that now I can keep up with yours! Your life sounds so exciting!! I wish we traveled more. Yes, there is a chance that we are going to move with James' work. Nothing is really settled yet, much to my dismay. I think the Lord is just helping me by testing my poor patience. We had started telling people, but now we are just playing the waiting game so we decided to stop telling people until we know more. The company still needs to pick an office location and make a salary offer, before we will know for sure.

Jen & Blake said...

What a trip! Glad you got to accomplish a lot in your trip. Sorry we didn't get to see you, it maybe a while since the beach is not in our agenda this year, we picked a baby instead. Just as fun, right? Glad you made it home safe and enjoyed thawing out!