Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Favorite Recipe

If you like the peanutty flavor in Thai food, try this. It's pretty easy!

THAI CHICKEN with LINQUINI
1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. chili powder
4 green onion, sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
4 oz. linquini

Boil linguini according to package directions. Drain.

While linguini is cooking, make sauce:

In saucepan, saute the chicken in the olive oil. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add broth, honey, and soy sauce to pan. Whisk in peanut better, cornstarch, ginger, and chili powder. Add green onions and garlic, stirring constantly over low heat until blended. Add bell pepper and cooked chicken. Cook until the sauce has thickened. Serve over warm linguini. Serves 4.

We like to add some Thai hot sauce to it when we eat it. Also, since red peppers are about 3 times the price of green ones, i use the green ones. Not as colorful, but just as good.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Hey! So glad I found your Blog. You are now in my faves on my Blog. Check it out...here's the link...

http://scrapwordsgirl.blogspot.com/

Hey, by the way...I've been a terrible VT. When can we get together?

Sam Ransom said...

Oh this sounds yummy!! I will have to try it. I do love Thai chicken. Hmm maybe I will make James take me out tonight! hehe

Anonymous said...

sounds good, we'll have to try it at our house. we are always looking for new recipes!!

Catherine said...

I bought the ingredients tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. by the way, are you going to buy one of those mobile toilet things on your blog. That's like a Homer Simpson dream come true!

Jamieson Family said...

Hey, it's so funny, Bobby's sister liked to your blog from ours and made this recipe and said it was so yummy. So I am going to make it. Don't worry. She is a nice person and not a stalker or anything, and her husband is a very picky eater, and went back three times for more!