Last week we went to BYU for Education Week. It has been a tradition, i guess, to go every year. I must say how wonderful it is to sit at the feet of an apostle at the devotional, and then at the feet of top-notch professors of religion for a whole week and just learn, learn, learn.
I have to admit that i am not a big fan of the state of Utah...don't get me wrong..it's just that i could never live there except maybe in Logan. Or if i could live permanently on the campus at BYU that would be okay too. So I thought i would share my 3 fav things about BYU with you:
1. The moutains. I always forget that i miss the mountains til i get out west and see them. It is strange though, to have the sun come up but stay in the shade until 10 am when it finally comes over the top of the mtns.
2. The Bell Tower. What is better than hearing the chimes play "Come Come Ye Saints"? I just LOVE that.
3. But the very best part is the BYU brownies. I have tried to duplicate them, and even won a blue ribbon at a little contest one time for my imitation, but Mmmmmmmm. They are celestial!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Three things i like about BYU
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Well, naturally, I couldn't limit my favorite things about BYU to just three, but you've got some great ones here. We were just out there in June and I already miss it. Love the mountains, love the bell tower, not sure I've had the brownies, but the Creamery ice cream...to die for! I ALWAYS try something new because it's always good, no matter what you get. Glad you enjoy it so much...I don't think most people realize how much like heaven it must be :)
Ah BYU, I remember those days. I loved my semester there. I hope to get back their someday, maybe for an MBA (even though ASU's MBA school is ranked almost 30 spots ahead, GO SUNDEVILS!)
Post a Comment