Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Did you read Twilight #1-4?

I admit, i read them. Started out reading the first one because i was traveling alone and needed something to read on my downtime. I enjoyed "Twilight" and was eager to read #2. Ordered the rest of them from Amazon and kept reading. I was highly irritated with that Bella chick by book 3. I only read book 4 to see what happened but not because i particularly enjoyed it. In fact, i thought it got annoying. Especially when we got to the whole Renesmee part. Good grief. So, if you read it, i'd love to hear your thoughts.....

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Hi Kelli, I'm friends with your cousin Corynn...and she showed me your blog laughing at me because I too, was suckered into the Twilight Series. Similar story in fact, I was taking a flight from Phoenix to Seattle and looking for something to read. I picked up Twilight - it was in a prominent part of Barnes and Noble and looked at the first few pages, which started with the main character flying from Phoenix to WA, so I thought, what the heck? Why not. I too, was exasperated with the Renesmee part...and Bella's incredible bad luck...and why it took 4 books to finally turn her into a flippin vampire when that's what she wanted by the end of book 1!!! Despite my complaints, I did actually find the books entertaining, and I wasn't actually all that irritated with Bella. I was glad they all lived happily ever after, forever. Even if it all got a little weird with the Bella, Jacob, Renesmee, Edward love triangles. =)

Catherine said...

I read them all and mostly enjoyed them. I agree with some of the same things that everyone seems bothered by, but all in all, I enjoyed the escape while reading. I came across two reviews on amazon.com that I thought were well written, although I think I tend to agree a little more with the positive. I can "see" the point of view of the negative one, but who cares!! Anyway, see for yourself. One is the "most helpful positive review" and the other is the "most helpful negative review." Here's the link for your reading entertainment:

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/031606792X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

nicole said...

FYI....have you ever noticed you have pic's of Heather, Kaden, and Brylie all over your blog, but you forgot you have other children/grandchildren! Thanks mom, makes me feel real loved! I'm blocking you from reading my blog now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Phogles said...

so, I haven't even read any of them. I was avoiding them because, no matter how much people raved about them, I couldn't get over the fact that it was a series about vampires. Should I come off my high horse and read them? What would you recommend?

rich and steph said...

I am friends with Curtis and Nicole. In fact, my husband Rich, grew up with Curtis, and Curtis and Nicole were married 7 days before us. We always said they did it just to beat us:) We hung out together until they moved:( Husband is Richard Rhoton and I am Stephanie Rhoton and we have 5 crazy kids-4 boys and 1 little princess. We still live in Mesa and love it! Run into your husband's parents every once in awhile when we attend Frank and Jessian's ward. I have to admit I love the books!!! My oldest, Brandon, got me hooked. There was a wait list for them at Stapley jr high so I just went out and bought them. I even have the countdown to the movie on my blog and have checked out the website Twilightmoms.com. I think the whole obsession is because I am turning 40 this year and I am desperately trying to turn back the clock. I am so proud of Nicole. I had just graduated with my BSN from ASU when she said she wanted to be a nurse and she did it!!! In fact, our little girl is named Camryn Nicole Rhoton. Check out our blog for pictures of our crazy crew!

Kelli said...

This is to Amber: Did you read Harry Potter? If you did, and enjoyed it, you will probably like these. If you are opposed to reading about sorcerors, you probably wouldn't like the vampires either.

rich and steph said...

I did not get into Harry Potter at all. My oldest has reread the series 5 times. Glad you are going to see the movie:) I thing it will be fun but I think just the oldest 2 will go. Brandon is 13, Darin is 10 (Nicole came to see me in the hospital with that birth), Dylan is 8, Colton is 5 and Camryn is 3. in fact, Rich's parents spoke in their ward about 6 months ago and imagine our shock when your parents were there!!! So great to see them. Now if I can just get Nicole to call me when she actually comes to AZ so I can see her.....

scrapwordsmom said...

I'm in book 3 and I am sooooo hooked!! Go Edward! "Sigh"