Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Blog Police called me...

and said i needed to update my blog. I suppose they are right. So here is the latest updates from my life:

Busy week ahead...this Saturday is our Stake Enrichment Meeting. The theme is "Spiritual Spa. " If you are reading this, and are a female member of our stake, you'd better consider attending, or i'll never read your blog again. Seriously, we have some great classes scheduled (you get to pick the ones you want to go to) and one period of actual mini spa treatments! Oh, and a spa cuisine luncheon. I think it is going to be a great day, and i will especially enjoy the day after it is over! Being the Stake Enrichment Counselor is a calling that i enjoy except when something big like this is coming up soon!

I have been making salt scrub as a hand-out for the spa day. If you attend, you will get the recipe.

I've got some babysitting of grandkids to do, several visiting teaching appointments to go to, one RS Presidency meeting, and then we will be setting up the building all day Friday for the meeting on Saturday.

Next week is Granddaughter Kaden's birthday (she will be 6...unbelievable) and a big hospital foundation dinner party that will be fun. The theme for that is "roaring 20's and we are encouraged to dress in 20's era fashion, but that is looking like it's not going to happen. I can't find any flapper dresses that are modest enough for my personal tastes, and i am too busy to sew one. Can you see Scott and I dressed like gangsters? Or the Great Gatsby? It would be fun. I've been looking on Ebay for costumes, but again, not modest enough.

No progress on Nicole's house. They moved into an apartment, though, which is why i am uninformed about the when/where/why/who of the repairs.

My body has mended fairly well from the "Horse Incident" except for the hematomas in both thighs, which are infected. I am taking some strong antibiotics, and they have improved. However, my live-in doctor says i may end up having them removed. But that is NOT happening this week. No time for that! By the way, if you talked to Grandma Joyce, i DO NOT have blood clots. I am not going to die. Hematomas are like bruises, in the muscle, not connected to the veins.

One piece of advice: better update your blog before the Blog Police call you!

3 comments:

Corynn said...

Busy. Busy! And don't worry. I know just what to make you for your little gift! I am sure you will like it.

Phogles said...

Kelli, I miss seeing yoru cheerful smile. I'm looking forward to Saturday, to be sure, and I might be able to strong-arm a friend into coming with me. Hope everything goes well, and I know you'll deserve the rest after the Spa Day. :D

Judy (mom) said...

Your Stake Enrichment Activity sounds like alot of fun. Wish Maryville wasn't so far away so I could come. Let me know how it all goes.....