Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Great Weekend!

What a great weekend i just had.

Friday, we left the house early and went to WQ to the temple. Drove from there to Platte City to set up chairs for the big event on Saturday.

Saturday was our stake enrichment meeting. Being stake enrichment counselor, these things weigh heavily on me. I have actually been pondering this one for over a year, after feeling very inspired about the "Spiritual Spa" theme. So, the day was finally here to see it actually happen. I was pleased for the most part. Disappointed in the attendance (had hoped for over 200 but only about 160 came). But those who were there seemed to enjoy the day. We had miniclasses on lots of different areas and then a mini spa treatment class, which i think was lots of fun, and different than what we usually do! I cannot thank everyone who helped enough. We had a wonderful food committee who prepared and served lunch, and decorated the lunch area so wonderfully. I didn't take my camera, and i am sure mad that i didn't because the decorations were kinda "zen" like you'd expect at a spa. Huge thanks to the teachers (i've done that, and i know how time consuming it is). And thanks to everyone who attended.

Oh, and a big thanks to the families from PC Ward who cleaned the building AFTER our meeting, which lightened our load tremendously. That was so wonderful to have their help.

Then, on Sunday i needed to be at the Singles Branch Conference in the afternoon, and stay for a fireside with Scott. So i was kinda trying to decide if i should go to church in Maryville, too, or enjoy a nice morning of sleeping in. I decided it was stupid to stay home since i miss my branch and miss seeing my friends there.

I was sure glad i went. It was a historic day in our little branch! We have about 100 people who attend sac meeting. We are a branch, but not a twig. Our priesthood group has always had one group, not two distinct quorums. But this sunday, our priesthood was divided. This is wonderfully exciting. It is one more step closer to being a ward. Also one of our branch presidency members was released and a new one called. The good brother who was released was called to be YM president. My grandsons need him so badly! I am so excited that he will be their new leader because he is an enthusiastic guy with energy to keep up with the YM.

So it was a weekend that was busy and included a lot of miles on the road (675 miles...1 trip to WQ and three round trip to the stake building) but it was a great weekend.

1 comments:

Corynn said...

Wow... Busy, busy! I love hearing about all your day to day stuff. It really interests me. (That probably sounds silly to you because it is your life... but it is true!)