Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Butter in a bottle!

My friend Cynthia has a great blog about preparedness. Recently she posted an article and instrctions on how to bottle butter. I have to say that butter is something i would enjoy having on all the bread that i would make with my wheat if the time ever came.

(Here is the web address: http://youremergencypreparedness.blogspot.com
)

So, following her post instructions, i did a little bottling today. Not much...i didn't want to invest a bunch of money on butter (we are talking about the real thing here, not margarine) if i couldn't make it work.



I would tell you....use a larger pot to melt the butter. It foams up while it is boiling.

I was pleased with the results of my efforts. I now have some real butter in my food storage, and as butter is on sale from time to time, i will add more.

Thanks Cynthia!

0 comments: