Let's see...what is going on that i can tell you about?
We had a hail storm the other evening. Hail is really loud, so i could tell without looking out the window that it was not just ordinary rain. It had also been very very windy that day. I have a picture.....
My catch and release program for stray possums, etc., is back in force. So far, i caught my own cat, Lola. That'll teach her! She's not the brightest bulb in the strand anyway.
Ryan went to Cancun for a few days. He just texted me and he has landed back in KC, so i am eager to hear how he liked it, and see if he is sunburned. And see if he took any pictures. He always forgets to take his camera places.
I am totally hooked on my Nintendo DS game called Dr. Layton and the Curious Village. It is a bunch of puzzles that you have to solve to make progress in the game. I have never been a gamer, but bought this DS for a long airplane ride a few months ago, and i have been playing a lot of Brain Age games (my brain is currently 35 years old, which aint too shabby). Anyway, i am hooked on this, and my new Kindle, which has caused me to start reading a lot more than i have in the past couple decades. Yesterday i finished reading "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson, the classic. It was great. So between the DS and the Kindle, no house cleaning is getting done.
Started some seeds indoors for a possible garden. I always have great hopes and then when it gets time to actually plant, the enthusiams wanes. Scott tilled up a HUGE spot, like 100 ft x 50 ft at the farm to plant a garden at. I am just wanting to plant some stuff in my backyard spot for fresh eating.
Speaking of the garden, Zanna was kind enough to come over and show me how to properly prune our grape vines, so i did that, and tied them up to their support wires, and even though they are not leafed out yet, it sure looks good....like i know what i'm doing. Ha!!!
Okay, that is the news from here.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Nothing much going on to blog about
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Well I think that was a lot to blog about! I always have high gardening hopes that don't usually happen. Maybe this year will be different. I'm doing a combined garden with my sister at her house. So hopefully she will keep on me to get it up and producing!
I am so happy to be able to read your blog again! Your are so busy. Fun to read your blog, as well as talk on the telephone! You are such a beautiful talented daughter. I love you! Mom
It is warm enough here that we already have our garden sprouting and growing good. I wonder why I haven't put that on my blog yet. Hmm? Anyway, it is nice. You should really do it! It has also been really windy lately. So windy that my allergies are flared and I am actually ready for summer, just so I can breath again. Hail would even be a nice change. Always fun to catch up with you!
I guess Spring has arrived. All my tulips are up and starting to bloom. I love Spring time. That was quite a bit of hail. I kind of miss that but don't like the damage that comes with it. Oh yes, I talked to Mandy Giddings they are moving back to Maryville in June. Thought you might like to know if you didn't already.
Post a Comment