Daughter Heather found our cat Lola dead on the street today. Lola was about 2 1/2 blocks away from our house (i always wondered how far our cats roam at night). Anyway, this morning Lola who is normally kinda skittish, let me pick her up and scratch her back, which she loved, and she purred and purred. I fed her outside on the front porch as usual, and that was the last i saw of her.
Heather called this evening and said she had seen a dead cat on Munn, and sent me a picture mail of it because she thought it looked like our cat. We went to see, and sure enough, it was our little Lola.
Lola was Scott's favorite cat. He rescued her from the bottom of a 6ft pipe at the farm when she was a small kitten. She lived inside our house until the recent incident with Myron and the kittens. (see previous posts about that story!)
She got the name Lola from Kaden, our granddaughter, who was learning how to write letters at the time, and accidentally spelled LOLA one day, and the name stuck. Our Lola-kitty was definitely a diva. It was the perfect name for her.
Today is Sept 14. It was almost exactly 2 years ago that we found her. Our beloved dog Shelby passed away on Sept 13, 5 years ago. I hope they meet each other in heaven and remember us fondly to each other.
I will be curious to see if Lola shows up in the morning for her breakfast as usual, or whether she already spent all nine lives.
Lola as a kitten:




3 comments:
RIP Lola...
I am so jealous of your honey, peach tree, and grape juice! Man I live in the wrong state (or region) to have those great treasures:)
Goodluck with the kittens.
And did I mention I am jealous you got to do a Nauvoo trip w/ your RS? I really want to come out and do that again sometime!
Loved all your updates:) Go girl with school too!
did you bury Lola in the same spot Shelby is in??
Lola got buried at the farm, in the hole. Along with Heather's bunnies.
Post a Comment