Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Warning: Political statement below

I lived 8 miles from the Mexican border in AZ before living in MO. Something needs to be done about illegal immigration. We experienced the situation first-hand. What's wrong with showing ID? I show it at the airport, and at the bank to cash a check. It never occurred to me to protest that. Nor has it occurred to me to fly the Swiss or English flags, where my ancestors came from while protesting. I am a legal American and i don't mind showing ID to keep our country safer. I've sent my husband and son to war to keep it that way. I believe in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law. I welcome anyone who wants to move to our country LEGALLY. End of my soap box for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well spoken beautiful daughter!
Love, Mom

Krista and Trey said...

Live from the battle ground, this law SB1070 has been (shocking) mis-characterized by the lame stream media. This bill is nothing more than enforcement of the federal law. The police can only ask for you legal status IF you are committing a crime AND they suspect you are illegal.

It is getting much worse. The ranch who was recently killed by drug runners from Mexico really sped up this bill.