Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

BYU Education Week

A little behind on my blogging. I spent last week (aug 16-20) in Provo on the BYU campus for education week. We have tried to keep it a tradition to attend each year. This year, i wasn't as fired up about going as usual, but it didn't disappoint. I didn't realize that my oil in my spiritual lamp needed so much replenishing.

While we were there we also had fun visiting with Scott's aunts, uncle, and cousins, and his sister and brother-in-law. I also had lunch with my friend Sherrie, who's husband was in school with my husband back in the Kirksville days.

In future posts, i plan to share a few of the things i learned at Ed Wk.

So, this past week, i have been playing catch-up after being gone. When we got home, we found that the water line to the ice maker in our 2 month old Maytag refrigerator had come undone and flooded bad enough to soak the carpet upstairs, run into the basement and cause the ceiling tiles to collapse. I waited until Thursday for the lonely Maytag repairman to have time to come and repair the problem. When he came, he announced that my frig is defective...there is no fix for this problem (it took him 2 hours on the phone to determine this). So now i am in a "discussion" with my local Sears about replacing it. I think i will win the argument. I wanted my frig to match my double-oven Maytag stove.....but now, well, we might end up with non-matching. Either way, i got that frig on such a good sale that now i will probably have to pay another $300-400 to get something comparable.

One of the classes i took at Ed Wk was on adversity. Good thing, huh!

To be continued......

0 comments: