Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two floods in two weeks. :~(

As you know from my previous post, while we were gone to Ed Week, my 2 month old refrigerator decided to spring a leak where the hose goes into the ice maker. Well, since no one was home to notice, it probably ran 20 gallons or so of water into the kitchen, living room, down through the basement into the guest room. It caused the ceiling tiles in the basement to collapse, and made quite a mess down there. So we had that little surprise to come home to.

Well today, i was out to lunch with Scott and the Elders and i get a very panicked phone call from Ryan telling me that the bathroom downstairs has some kind of a leak and water is flooding everywhere. I left the restaurant and came home and sure enough...a huge flood. Of stinky sewer water. Called the plumber who came immediately, and i started sucking up the water with the shop-vac. Plumber determined it was some kind of sewer plug that came up through the drain in the utility room in the basement. Ryan had been in the bathroom when it happened; the plumber said it was lucky, or else the entire basement could have been flooded before we realized it was happening. So now i am waiting on the carpet cleaners to come and take up the carpet, remove the soaked pad and start drying the carpet.

AGAIN.

Btw, after a fight with Sears over my nearly new refrigerator leaking (the lonely Maytag repairman took a week to get here, and determined it was defective, not fixable) i am now having to select another new refrigerator. Not going with another Maytag. I have lost my confidence in them. Repairman said DON"T get a GE...he does nothing but repair GE. Maytag is made by Whirlpool, so i will not get that brand either. He said Kenmore, LG, and Samsung are the brands he least repairs. Of course, he said not to quote him on that or he could be in trouble. So, you notice, i did not put quotes around what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh girl. I'm so sorry. I worry about my empty house in MO springing a leak and flooding while we're gone.

Heather said...

That sucks, now you know what my life used to be like!!

Wilson Family said...

Don't tell me that..I have a brand new GE Adora which I love. I have had 3 GE fridges and have never had problems. I say 3 because I have had to buy a fridge with every house I have bought. My Adora is 29 cubic feet it is quite large in size and we love it.(largest size they make we were told)

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh, Kelli...that is awful. I can't imagine coming home to that MESS!!:(

On another note...YES! I will be doing another Challenge...probably starting January 1st:)

Also...you didn't miss Day 28. I ended up combining Days 27 and 28 but actually didn't say that in the post-LOL!!!! I know...it bugs me, too...;)

I am soooo happy you enjoyed the Challenge. I did, too.

I will walk your surprise down one of these days very soon!!!

Wendy from GE said...

Hi, This is Wendy from GE and I saw your post. I am so sorry this has happened to you. Please e-mail us at eresponse@ge.com and we will be glad to help you with this.

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

Let me be clear...it was a MAYTAG, not a GE that caused me the trouble. My new Kenmore is on it's way.