Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Creative Challenge

Previously i posted a short explanation about the blinky on the right side of my blog that advertises a 31 day creativity challenge that i am doing. Well.....

My creativity has been at an all-time low. I seem to be able to buy the supplies but not make use of them. I don't really know what the problem is....middle age? depression? craft room is just too messy? not enough time? perhaps it is any or all of these reasons. Now, i am here to tell you that i am NOT an artist of any kind. When i see the works of art that some people churn out, i could actually let myself get jealous (maybe that's another reason). I have always been a better copier of an idea than one to come up with my own original creation.

But anyway, i have been trying really hard to play along with the creativity challenge. I am not going to post any of my creations for you to see, because this challenge is just between me, myself, and I.

But one thing i will share....Day #2's challenge was: Pick out 3 words you love. Throughout the next few days let these words really sink their teeth in you. Take time to think about what they truly mean to you. then I want you to create "Word Art". Choose a canvas, a piece of cardstock, maybe a sheet of notebook paper, even fabric and CREATE a masterpiece using your thoughts and feelings involving your words.

I thought i would share my 3 words with you. My 3 go together. They are "happily ever after." I chose those words because i think they express the desire of my heart. I truly want to be happy forever, and i want this same happiness for my family as well, especially my children. This is particularly poignant today, as i have received word that another family member is filing for divorce. And i wonder, how is it that i have remained so happily married to the same man for almost 36 years? And how are we still best friends as well as the loves of each other's lives? That, however, might be more appropriate for my off-line journal.

So, for my project, i made a digital collage of some pictures of hubby and i as youngsters, then a recent one of us together, and then some temples. Which i truly believe is the real secret to "happily ever after."

1 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Kelli, I LOVE your words!! I, too love "Happily Ever After". You know they mean so much to me. Dave and I have had some rough patches throughout our lives then we found the church and now we are "together forever". We are so blessed and I am so grateful.

I am so happy you are playing along. It is quite an experience when you realize what you are throwing out there for the universe is actually making a difference in other people's life. Even if it's just creativity...that means a lot to me:)

Love,
Les