Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Update on Creativity Challenge

In the spirit of the 31 day creativity challenge that i am participating in (see button at right) i am posting a few of my results. I use to be fairly crafty but those sparks have died and was hoping to rekindle the flame.

One of the challenges was to create something with a repeating pattern. Result: this birthday card. The circles were repeated to form the flowers. Not exactly an original concept, but never-the-less one i wanted to try for myself.





The other project was to make a creativity journal. I used one of the 25 cent composistion books and fancied it up just a little. I used my new Martha Stewart punch to make the "lace" and modpodged that on. Used Stayzon white ink to stamp the word. Again, not very original, but a real improvement on my creativity level! In the journal, i am writing each of the 31 challenges, and then a description or photo of my project/results.



Also: an update on my superhero husband: he got some bad kryptonite or something and was so sick yesterday that i ended up taking him to the emergency room. Everything checked out fine and after some fluids and some anti-dizzyness medicine he is almost back to his old self. Convenient to be sick on the days when you have no church assignment, huh!!!

6 comments:

nicole said...

good thing he had a wonderful nurse to help take care of him!! :)

Heather said...

And good thing he had his favorite daughter at home praying for him :)

scrapwordsmom said...

I am happy he is feeling better. The missionaries were at our house when they heard he needed them for a blessing.

Love your creativity, Kelli!!! I have been wanting to try flowers like that...but haven't yet. Your card and journal turned out really great:)

Kristin said...

Love the card and the journal, Kelli. I haven't done all of the challenge, but have tried to up my creativity the last couple of weeks.

What a scare with Scott. I am glad that he is doing better.

I didn't get a chance to talk to you at church today. My wild little Primary class keeps me pretty busy. But we are glad to be back and I hope to get a chance to visit with you sometime soon. Love, Kristin

nicole said...

His 2nd fav daughther might have been praying for him, but his FAV daughter got to be his nurse and help make him feel better!!! LOL!!!

Heather said...

You wish Nic! He already told me that Im his fav and you are just the runner up :)