Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Trees

Autumn is hands-down the most beautiful time of year in the midwest. I love the beautiful trees when they change colors, and the grass is still green. Blue sky, red trees, green grass, black cows, brown earth.

However, i am always uneasy at autumn time. It means winter is coming. It is hard to get excited about fall, for this reason. I hate it when the killing frost comes and wipes out the garden. I hate those first frosty mornings when i have to scrape my windshield (eventually Superman will move the jet ski out of the garage and i can have my inside-the-garage parking spot back for the winter).

And my very least favorite part of autumn is "DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME," which is, in my opinion, such a depressing event. Yeh, we get an extra hour of sleep but i hate it getting dark so early in the evening. Having grown up in a non-daylight-saving-time state, i see no reason for it. When i am elected governor, that will be one of the items on my agenda that i will change.

Here are some trees from my neighborhood. I am Kelli Holman, and i approve this message.









4 comments:

Unknown said...

It hasn't hardly even started yet here. I noticed a tiny bit of yellow in the canyons yesterday.
Is Daylight Savings tonight???

Kelli said...

No Cheryl...next weekend.

scrapwordsmom said...

Gorgeous trees, Kelli!! Have you started listening to Christmas music yet? I have it on now;)

Paul and Linda said...

I think it is very brave of you to post those tree pictures when you know that ours here in MI are far superior !

We call last month "Ahh-ctober". It makes a MI winter more bearable.