My next-door neighbor Lynn sent me this email today about my cat Myron. I haven't blogged about Myron for a while (to refresh your memory, she is the stray cat who showed up and we eventually adopted, who gave birth to her babies in bed between Scott and I while we slept). Lynn and i have had a long-standing joke about who Myron belongs to (i keep trying to convince her that Myron is really hers). Anyway, here is the note she sent me today:
Good Morning, Kelli. I've got another Myron story for you and this one I'm still giggling over.
I went shopping yesterday in St. Joseph and Kansas City. I got home about 7 last night. When I pulled into the garage, Myron ran in. I patted her, then continued on unloading the Yukon. When I was all done and ready to close the garage door for the night, I thought of her and looked for her before I closed the garage up. When I didn't see her, I assumed she had left and had gone home.
It was just a stroke of luck that Lea stopped by this morning and came in through the garage. She and I were in the garage looking at some paint samples that I picked up yesterday on my all day shopping trip. Lea suddenly went, "Oh no!" I said, "What?". She was looking at my Yukon. There was Myron, on the dash up against the front windshield, giving us that "I want out" look. We started laughing. So, I went over to open the passenger side where Myron was. Myron ran to the window, looking woefully at me. The door was locked. Didn't think anything about it. So, I went around to the driver's door. Myron ran over to the other side to follow me. . . it was locked. Oooops. . . . sometime during her stay, Myron had locked up the Yukon. I carry my other set of keys in the console. So both sets of keys were in the Yukon and it was locked up! Luckily, I have OnStar. I called them and told them the story. They laughed, too. By this time, Myron was getting more impatient, pawing on the windows and running from place to place in the Yukon. OnStar immediately unlocked the doors. Lea opened the door and Myron bolted out. We thought she headed home, but apparently the "jail time" didn't hurt her psychologically. She hung around wanting some patting. :>)
If Lea hadn't stopped by this morning, I don't know when I would have gone out to the garage and noticed Myron being locked up. We inspected the Yukon. No evidence that Myron had been in there except a maybe an indented place on a towel where she had slept (I carry towels in my Yukon). There was no odor, nor any scratches. She's a good cat. I guess she got in there sometime while I had the doors open unloading the packages.
I think you could write a book about this cat. She's such an unusual and funny cat. She's a good cat, too. So lovable. Just had to share with you this morning another endearing episode in the life of Myron.
Still smiling about this one,
Lynn
Good Morning, Kelli. I've got another Myron story for you and this one I'm still giggling over.
I went shopping yesterday in St. Joseph and Kansas City. I got home about 7 last night. When I pulled into the garage, Myron ran in. I patted her, then continued on unloading the Yukon. When I was all done and ready to close the garage door for the night, I thought of her and looked for her before I closed the garage up. When I didn't see her, I assumed she had left and had gone home.
It was just a stroke of luck that Lea stopped by this morning and came in through the garage. She and I were in the garage looking at some paint samples that I picked up yesterday on my all day shopping trip. Lea suddenly went, "Oh no!" I said, "What?". She was looking at my Yukon. There was Myron, on the dash up against the front windshield, giving us that "I want out" look. We started laughing. So, I went over to open the passenger side where Myron was. Myron ran to the window, looking woefully at me. The door was locked. Didn't think anything about it. So, I went around to the driver's door. Myron ran over to the other side to follow me. . . it was locked. Oooops. . . . sometime during her stay, Myron had locked up the Yukon. I carry my other set of keys in the console. So both sets of keys were in the Yukon and it was locked up! Luckily, I have OnStar. I called them and told them the story. They laughed, too. By this time, Myron was getting more impatient, pawing on the windows and running from place to place in the Yukon. OnStar immediately unlocked the doors. Lea opened the door and Myron bolted out. We thought she headed home, but apparently the "jail time" didn't hurt her psychologically. She hung around wanting some patting. :>)
If Lea hadn't stopped by this morning, I don't know when I would have gone out to the garage and noticed Myron being locked up. We inspected the Yukon. No evidence that Myron had been in there except a maybe an indented place on a towel where she had slept (I carry towels in my Yukon). There was no odor, nor any scratches. She's a good cat. I guess she got in there sometime while I had the doors open unloading the packages.
I think you could write a book about this cat. She's such an unusual and funny cat. She's a good cat, too. So lovable. Just had to share with you this morning another endearing episode in the life of Myron.
Still smiling about this one,
Lynn




0 comments:
Post a Comment