Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Feeling ornery? You must be middle-aged!

Last night, as i dozed off to sleep, i composed a message for my blog. It was more of a gripe session than anything. It had to do with why middle aged women are always so ornery. Which i am, and i am!!! I thought i would do the world a favor and explain why that is.

However, i was too ornery to get out of bed and type it up.

This morning, i have decided there is no need to explain it. Just know, that someday, you will be middle aged and ornery too. Seems to be the way it works. Just wish someone would have told me about it before it happened to ME. Now it's too late.

Happy December everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli
I do NOT believe for one second that you are ornery.
Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

I don't believe it either.

I used to feel that way in cold KC quite a bit every winter. The move to sunny Dixie has helped that immensely!

Paul and Linda said...

I ditto what you are saying and will warn you that it (the orneryness) continues as you enter into "old-age", too. So, consider yourself warned on that !

I would also agree that cold and a different face in the mirror than the one I used to see add to that "Bah ! Humbug" attitude.

I am actively seeking "JOY" this year. I'll let you know !

Kristin said...

Kelli
I have made the observation lately that the word ornery has a different meaning here in the Midwest than it does in the West. In the West, it means cranky or irritable. Here in Maryville, people use it to mean mischievous or playful. The dictionary matches the West meaning. I have been asking around and this seems to hold true. Crazy. Makes me wonder what other words have a different meaning.

I am guessing that you are referring to being more irritable (which you sure hide well, because I have never seen it). But maybe it would be more fun to just get more mischievous with middle-age. LOL.

Kelli said...

I should have used the word "cranky."