Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ellie is on her way from heaven....

Our daughter Heather and husband Greg are expecting a new baby girl. Her name is Ellie. I was told this is a derivation from the family name that my name also comes from (Roskelley). 

Ellie is scheduled to be induced tomorrow (Feb 3).  I am pondering her activities today; I imagine she is waiting her turn to leave the pre-existance and come to this earth. She must be excited to receive her precious body and to have the opportunity to prove herself to her Heavenly Father and her Savior, Jesus Christ. She knows that mortality will be tough at times, but overwhelmingly joyous at times also. Will she be able to stay on the righteous path that leads back to her Heavenly home? I'm sure she is counting on us to help her do that...to remind her of the truths that she knows now, but will forget as she passes through the veil that will dim her memory of life with her Heavenly Father, Mother, and Brother.

Are her Heavenly parents worried at all about her safety as she enters this mortal realm? Today they must be giving her final words of love and instruction (be careful....be sure to call home (via prayer), and don't forget who you are...a daughter of a Heavenly King). I imagine they feel as sense of pride that she has chosen to come to earth and prove herself. I imagine they cannot wait til she returns Home someday, with honor.

Did i realize, when i was having children, the responsibilities that lie ahead as a parent? Did i realize the eternal nature of bringing these babies into mortality, and the eternal consequences? Did i do the best i could for them? Will my own children do the best they can for my precious grandchildren?

Ellie is grandbaby #8 in our family. She is already loved dearly.

Safe travels, Ellie, till i meet you tomorrow. I can't wait!

Love,
Grandma Kelli


Day-Old Child



My day-old child lay in my arms

With my lips against his ear.

I whispered strong, “How I wish

I wish that you could hear.


“I’ve a hundred wonderful things to say

(a tiny cough and a nod)

Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow

So I can tell you about God.”


My day-old baby’s mouth was still

And my words only tickled his ear.

But a kind of a light passed through his eyes,

And I saw this thought appear:



“How I wish I had a voice and words;

I’ve a hundred things to say.

Before I forget I’d tell you of God –

I left Him yesterday.”



Carol Lynn Pearson,


Beginnings


(Bookcraft, SLC: UT 1979, p.42)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so exciting. I am beginning to see how wonderful and how worrying have grandchildren will be. Number 8...wow!! Congratulations to your family. Those new ones are just so precious.

Kristin said...

What a beautiful post Kelli. And congratulations on the darling new granddaughter!

the holmans said...

Wow Kelli, I must say this post was so beautiful, I had to think back to when I was giving birth, I wish I would have thought of it this way.... so lucky your children and grandchildren are for your wisdom and insight... Loved your post... Sage Sage read it and cried, and printed it to keep in her journal for her future births, Thanks for sharing...

scrapwordsmom said...

This is beautiful. You never cease to inspire me!!!