If you read my last post, you will know that i am trying to catch all the critters in the neighborhood and relocate them to a nice country home (no, not anyone's pets, just the annoying types).
Anyway, tonight we were sitting in the living room chatting (me, Scott, Heather, Kari) and Kari says, "Is that the cat's tail?" She motioned to the glass door that leads to the deck. I glanced over (i was sure it was one of our cats) but it was a HUGE SKUNK.
So we all jumped up and ran for flashlights, etc. Scott got the BB gun, i hollered for Ryan to come upstairs. The skunk could hear all the comotion so it trotted off, down the deck stairs. But Kari and Heather could still see it in the back yard. So Scott (MY HERO) started off after it.
I was imagining smelling skunk spray on Scott for a week, but alas, it got away.
So, my question....do i want to catch it in my trap or not? Now that it knows about the food in the trap i'm sure it will be back. I don't want to be known as Smelly Kelli. Will probably have to shoot it. Neighbors...consider yourself warned.
And yeh, yeh, i shoulda taken a picture. But it all happened so fast i just didn't get a chance!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Latest visitor on the deck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I don't think you want to trap it. It will get you for sure! Then you will be bathing in tomato juice and all that weird stuff. I suggest (with all my vast city-girl knowledge) you just shoot the thing. Good luck!
A skunk?! Oh, no we just live up the block...
Shoot it!
Dave has a gun if you need it!:)
Stock up on tomatoe soup just in case you need to bath in it!! Isn't that what you bath in to remove the skunk smell? Good luck!!
Smelly Kelli? That was a good one:) I agree by this point shoot it. If Rich were there he would be hiding out waiting for it to come. He took to shooting the pigeons with a bb gun off our roof (with our neighbor helping!!) last year because he did not like all the droppings.
Post a Comment