Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A New Temple!!!


Today President Monson announced 5 new temples will be built. The greatest news is that we will have one built in "the greater Kansas City area". I can't wait to find out exactly where. This is such great news for our stake and for the entire Kansas City area. I started to cry when he announced it, in fact i didn't even hear where the others where being built because i just kept replaying those words over in my mind.

The new temple might be further from our current temple (Winter Quarters, Nebraska) which is a 2 hour drive. The southern edges of the greater KC area are up to 3 hours away. Keeping our fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Krista and Trey said...

Did you know ahead of time that they were announcing the Temple? About a week before they announced our Temples, we had heard through the rumor mill, and then later in the paper, before the official announcement.

Luck for us, it is going to be 3mills from out new house. How great is a KC Temple going to be? That is a great blessing.

Phogles said...

I know! I know! I'm so excited. Oh, and FYI: the other four are Calgary, Alberta, Canada; somewhere unpronounceable, Argentina; Pennsylvania; and Rome, Italy.

rich and steph said...

That is so awesome!!! Can you believe 5 in on conference? I am so happy that one is going to be close to you! I cannot believe that they are building one in Gilbert, Az when the Mesa one is so close and then they have announced another one is being built out in the Glendale area. We are living in exciting times to see all these temples. I remember as a young child going to the dedication of the Washington, DC temple and we traveled all the way from Ohio for it.

Jen & Blake said...

Yeah! We immediately thought of you guys and how exciting that will be. Keep us posted on what the word is:)

Corynn said...

How exciting. We are getting some new ones here too. We are excited, even though the new temples here will still be the same driving distance for us. A two hour drive is crazy! I hope this new temple is much closer.

Krista and Trey said...

Hey Kelli-

I saw that the Temple is going to be almost directly south of ya'll, about 90 miles, or an hour and a half. Now, next time I come to Maryville we can hit up a session and then head to your house.