Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's Day





Veteran's Day has never been a big deal to me. And I apologize for that. I was talking to a couple friends who live in Leavenworth KS and they said it is a huge thing in their community with a parade, no school, and almost no-one working since they are mostly employed by the Army Post or the Federal Prison there. Here in our town it barely gets a mention.

But i always try to hang our flag out on holidays, so as i was getting the flag out of the closet, i realized that I am the daugther of a veteran, the wife of a veteran, and now the mother of a veteran. My father-in-law is also a veteran. And i was saddened to think that i have let this day become unimportant. Because i am very proud of the service that the men in my life have rendered to our country.

So, i salute you, dearest Dad, Husband, Son, and Father-in-Law. And love you dearly and deeply for all you continue to do. And next year, let's party!

4 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

This is so great, Kelli. Thanks for the post.

Corynn said...

Love the pictures!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Our school did a really cool display where all the kids got to write military family members names on red, white, or blue stars - then they were all displayed in the main lobby with the US flag. It was really neat!

Phogles said...

I agree! And I'll come to the party, and bring goodies, too! I love the photos.