While we were in California for our annual Holman reunion a few of us went to a taping of the game show “The Price Is Right.” We had this planned for 6 months before we went. Heather and Kari got the tickets online. We waited patiently for June 23 to come so we could go.
In order to get a seat (they give out lots more internet tickets than they actually have seats for) we left San Clemente where we were staying at 3:30am and drove to Hollywood. We were in line at 5:30am. Tickets started being given out at 6am. There was a lot of waiting around and moving from one line to another all day. Finally taping began at about 1pm. We met and talked to a lot of people all over the country who were in line near us. During the wait, they have you sign paperwork about eligibility and taxes, and issue the famous yellow name tag. It was awesome just to get that!!!
Inside CBS there are large signs saying “NO PHOTOGRAPHY on CBS property,” Bummer. I managed to sneak one photo of the girls in front of one of the “no photography” signs, but it came out too blurry! When we entered the actual studio, they took cameras and cell phones away (and went through your purse and made you go through a metal detector). They are serious about it.
Finally we got to go into the studio!!! I thought Heather was going to pass out, she was so excited. They seat you according to your number (no chance of getting any better seat) and our group ended up in the very back row on the left side. I had the last ticket # in our group but when they got to me, there was no seat there. I
wanted to sit by my group. The lady sent me down to sit on the aisle of the 3rd row!!! I was not with the group but I had incredible seating. I got to high-five all the contestants as they “came on down” and high five the winners when they came off stage. Drew Carey spent most of his time onstage right smack dab in front of me, and between segments he came off the stage to talk to the winners and he was standing practically right next to me. Like an idiot, the thought never occurred to reach out and touch him. Oh well.
Between segments, Drew and Rich Fields, the announcer, kept us rolling in the aisles with the comedy. I never was much of a Drew Carey fan, but now I really like him. He was so personable and seemed like a very normal person who just happens to be a comedian and host a game show.
It was Nicole’s birthday, so we were really hoping she would get chosen to go to contestant’s row. As it turns out, none of us got to come on down, but it was such a fun experience that it didn’t matter to me that I didn’t win anything. I would totally do it again; I hope the girls will want to go again next year. Here is a picture of me and Nicole afterwards with our nametags on!!!
Our show will air on Sept 23. Look for the fat woman in a lime green shirt down front!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
The Price Is Right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I have always wanted to do that, that would be fun. It looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves.
No pic of me, thanks alot!
Heather...if you've got a picture, send it to me!
Post a Comment