Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trip to Lake Powell


One of our fun vacation trips this year was a trip to Lake Powell in southern UT. Lake Powell is actually part of the Colorado River, which eventually becomes the Grand Canyon. But we were in the northern end of Lake Powell. Scott and I, and Curtis, Trey, and Jake went and we met my dad, my brother, and my sister-in-law and niece, all from Arizona. Between us we had a houseboat, boats and a jet ski. It was our first trip on a houseboat, which was something we have wanted to do for many years.




The red rock cliffs and canyons surrounding Lake Powell were so incredibly beautiful. I haven’t been there since I was a kid, and I had forgotten the truly fantastic scenery that part of the country has. The blue, blue water, the red rocks, and the crystal blue sky were just indescribable. Unfortunates the pictures don’t do justice.

We had a blast. Would love to do that trip again sometime.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I want to go there, it looks beautiful!

Kristin said...

Great pictures, Kelli. Many of my favorite childhood memories are of Lake Powell. So beautiful. It has been several years since I have been back. You've got me thinking. Maybe next summer. So fun!