Home is where your story begins...

But your blog is where your story is told!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wassup?

I'll tell you wassup....here is the goings on around here:

The kittens are growing. They finally have official names. The female orange-ish one is named "Maui" (granddaughter Taylor is keeping that one and she named it). The dark one, a boy, has been named by Scott. His named "Rascal." He wants to keep both kittens. I said NO. So the dark one is still available if anyone wants a kitten. They should be ready for new homes about mid september. Scott loves the kittens and they love him. This is how i find the 3 of them quite frequently:




We harvested our honey from the hives. We have about 4 gallons of honey from the 2 hives. Next year we will increase to 5 hives.




Went to BYU Campus Education Week in Provo a few weeks ago. I cant tell you how fantastic that was. You need to make plans to attend sometime. I hear that Women's Conference is amazing as well, and now i want to go to that next year. I took classes about various things. As my friend Amber commented, my bucket is full!!! Sat at the feet of President Packer for the devotional. It was a wonderful week.


3 of my 4 kids start back to school again tomorrow. They are all studying various things at Northwest Missouri State University, located here in Maryville. We feel very blessed to have a university about 2 blocks from our house. As a result, i felt some peer pressure and have applied for admission for January as well. I am going to take online classes through the Iowa Community College Consortium, where i can finish my AA totally online. We will see how that goes.


Made one batch of grape juice from our grapes. There are still a lot out there, so i will make more this week. The grape juice is soooooo good, and sooooo pretty!

Finished reading "The Undaunted" today. We saw "Hole in the Rock" when we were at Lake Powell this summer and i couldn't wait to know more about it. It is a good book, but lonnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg. 802 pages!


Okay, that's wassup in my life.

4 comments:

nicole said...

buwhahahhahaha.....are you seriously going to take online classes??? (first i've heard of it)

Have fun with that!!! lol
I just read the syllabus for my online classes and sheesh am I feeling overwhelmed.

Unknown said...

Whoa...I can't believe you've got your own honey going on there!
4 students at the University?? How fun is that!!

Kristin said...

You big meanie, not letting Scott keep any kittens. LOL. I would do the same.

Your honey looks so delicious and grape juice too. I am impressed. And way to go taking on-line classes. I have been considering taking a class or two in January myself. Both of my sisters just went back for more school this semester too, so I feel the same peer pressure. LOL.

Jamie Lou said...

I love the picture of Scott and the kittens. One of our cats still cuddles like that and it is so sweet and even comforting.

I'm very impressed with all your honey and produce and canning. That's a lot of work.